- OpSIS-IME Spec Sheet (PDF)
The Institute of Microelectronics (IME), is a research institute of the Science and Engineering Research Council (SERC), Agency for Science, Technology and Research (A*STAR). Founded in 1991 as one of the institutes for research in advanced engineering, IME aims to enhance the value-add of the microelectronics industry in Singapore by undertaking core R&D in microelectronics, supporting the R&D needs in the industry and developing skilled R&D personnel.
- Bioelectronics (BE)
- Gallium Nitride on Silicon (GaN-on-Si)
- Integrated Circuits and Systems (ICS)
- Interconnect and Packaging (IPP)
- Micro-Electro-Mechanical Systems (MEMS)
- Miniaturised Medical Devices (MMD)
- Nano Electronics (NanoE)
- Nano Photonics (NanoP)
- 3D IC Through-Silicon-Via/Through-Silicon-Interposer (3D IC TSV/TSI)
- Sensors and Actuators Microsystem (SAM)
- Rugged Electronics (RgE)
IME’s silicon photonics process is run in a standard microelectronics facility and offers a basic set of optical devices to build upon. This process is as simple as possible while still delivering high performance optical devices and the convenience of grating couplers for wafer-level testing, as well as the ability to edge couple if needed.