OpSIS offers workshops aimed at familiarizing participants with the modeling and design methodologies for silicon photonic devices and circuits. The workshop is an in-depth, hands-on introduction to photonics design using the OpSIS design kit.
An OpSIS workshop is the best way for a new user to learn to design and fabricate silicon photonic chips and systems using our PDK and foundry service
Engineers and scientists in the optoelectronic and semiconductor industry and anyone involved in research, manufacturing, or design of silicon photonic chips and/or complex optoelectronic systems.
Coursework and Objective:
The objective is to train people to independently design photonic circuits to tape-out their own chips using the OpSIS-IME process. The workshop offers practical hands-on tutorials for the modeling and design of passive and active photonic devices and systems, including mask layout, and design rule checking (DRC). Participants will design a silicon photonic test chip consisting of library components including edge and grating couplers, waveguides, directional couplers and Y branches, Mach-Zehnder thermo-optic switches, high-speed ring and travelling wave modulators, high-speed detectors, and more. In addition we will design an on-chip optical link. The workshops cover background theory of photonic devices and focuses on design considerations for fabrication using the OpSIS foundry service
Please see the syllabus of our 5-day workshop to see detail on the topics covered.
Standard Registration: $3,000 USD per person
Academic Registration: $1,500 USD per person (full-time university faculty or student)
- Workshop instruction
- Access to Mentor Graphics Pyxis and Calibre
- Trial licenses for Lumerical’s software:
- FDTD Solutions
- MODE Solutions
- Daily lunch
Workshop Registration and Requirements:
- A non-disclosure agreement is required for access to the OpSIS-IME design kit. This will be sent to you after registration.
- Before the workshop, register and download the free trial versions of Lumerical MODE, FDTD, DEVICE, and INTERCONNECT from http://www.lumerical.com
- Complete of the following Lumerical webinar tutorials:
- FDTD Solutions Intro. Webinar (approx 16 mins.)
- MODE Solutions Intro. Webinar (approx 35 mins.)
- INTERCONNECT Intro. Webinar (approx 35 mins.)
- DEVICE Intro. Webinar (approx 55 mins.)Please bring the license files you receive after downloading the Lumerical s/w with you to the workshop (on a USB drive).
Upcoming Workshop Schedules:
- We are now scheduling our 1Q 2014 Workshop. Please check back or join our mailing list for the update.